The month has just flown by here at the catering company. Between winery events and fundraisers in town it has been head down and cook away. It's hard to believe that we will be celebrating our first anniversary in the new building in just a week. Yes, we moved in on April fools day. When else I say.
The summer season is coming in steadily and looking to be quite busy. I've spent time over the last couple of months writing menus and adding to our repertoire of yummy eats. I am very proud of a new set of menus that we wrote titled “Big Bites” (on our Nibbles & Bites page). How often are you throwing a party in the afternoon or evening but don’t want to serve a whole meal but think that “hors d’oeuvres” might be just a bit to high brow. From taqueria to sliders this is the menu for you. Big enough to cover an appetite but not to cover for a whole meal.
This weekend we are also having an hors d’oeuvre tasting for our staff to get together and prepare for the season- some of the yummy new items are
- Truffle Pancakes with Short Ribs
- Short Rib Stuffed Petite Potatoes
- Rosemary Parmesan Shell with Roasted Cherry Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella
- Asiago Pepper Piccolo with Prosciutto & Havarti
- Asiago Pepper Piccolo with Mozzarella & Tomato
- French Artichoke with Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza
- Thai Ahi Crudo with Cilantro Crema
- Ceviche Cups with Avocado & Lime
- Chilled Prawns with Three Sauces – Classic Cocktail, Chimichurri & Salsa Roja
- Bali Ahi Yakitori
- Sesame Nori Ahi with Wasabi
- Sesame Nori Salmon with Teriyaki
- Lamb Chop Pops with Basil Aioli
Just a few ideas.